[AZ-Observing] Re: Perseids meteors

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:30:39 -0700

Hiya Steve. Coming through loud and clear. We were clouded out for the
Perseids here in New River. Typical monsoon skies 3-days in a row around
the peak. -Dan Heim
On 8/24/2015 3:23 PM, Steve Coe (Redacted sender stevecoeaz2001@yahoo
for DMARC) wrote:

Howdy all;
I think I am on the list now and so I wanted to report that I have seen some
meteors, even among the monsoon storms.
On the 13th of August, I did see 23 Perseids from 2AM until 3AM. Two of
those were fireballs, one very bright (-2mag) and exploded at the end. I
listened for any sound and heard nothing. Did anyone else see some Perseids?
I plan to be at Fredericksen's Meadow for the weekend of Labor Day (3rd
quarter Moon) and then stay to the next weekend, which is New Moon. I hope
to see some of you among the cool pines.
If I get a reply or two on the az-observing list to this message, I will
assume it is all working for me.

Clear skies to us all;Steve Coe