[AZ-Observing] Perseid Correction

  • From: <kevin.kozel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:47:00 -0400

My earlier statement of 245 meteors seen is incorrect.  I was guessing from the
numbers I recorded each half-hour.  The correct number is only 211.  The pear
hour was 3am to 4am with 78 seen.  I recorded numbers each half-hour from
12:30am to 5:00am.  From 12:30 to 2:00am, the sky was kinda slow with only 28
spotted.  I was continuously working my digital camera and taking my eyes off
the sky.  My 35mm Cannon AE-1 was taking shots during each half-hour segment,
but it would only cover a small section of sky.  I'll get the film developed
today and show them on Friday.
Paul Lind, hurry back so you can make the Friday meeting.  Stay safe and keep
inside the thorn fence!
Kevin Kozel