[AZ-Observing] P/Holmes tonight (Oct 26.1 UT)

  • From: Joe Larkin <joeclarkin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:40:50 -0700 (PDT)

Really a great object for me as well. Not much to add on details,
it's a great object that is interesting in any scope, binocular or
naked eye.

I tend to not think of myself as a big coment fan, but many of my
observing highlights over the years are comet related.

 -- Showing Halley to hundreds of people at Jones Beach outside of
NYC
 -- Spotting close by giant fast moving fuzzball Comet
IRAS-Araki-Alcock
 -- Seeing spots on Jupiter from collision with Shoemaker-Levy 9
 -- Viewing the incomparable unexpected Hyukataki
 -- Following the anticipated extremely bright and detailed Hale-Bopp
 -- Being amazed by couple of years of fantastic Leonid displays
thanks to Tempel-Tuttle
 -- Spotting pieces of broken coment Schwassman-Wachmann 3
 -- Detecting the brighting of Comet Tempel when smacked by a probe
 -- Seeing Comet McNaught at midday right near the sun
 -- and now, seeing a strange bright pearl in Perseus

There's probably more that I could add, but that's quite a list for
someone who prefers deep sky!

Joe Larkin