[AZ-Observing] Re: Oscilloscope

  • From: "Ken Sikes" <kengsikes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:21:13 -0700

Dan,

I agree with you on the fact that students in this day and age do not know
how to choose means of just about anything. When calculators  were allowed
to be used the pencil and paper method of  +, -, x, and / are no longer
used. Many said the same when slide rules were replaced with the calculators
! I guess the point is that the answer is more important than the means, as
it is faster and more accurate. Maybe in the future we  "Dinosaurs" will be
remembered.

Ken Sikes