[AZ-Observing] Re: Oscilloscope

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 05:35:48 -0500 (EST)

A PC card for an osciloscope, oh how boring High Schools are no fun
anymore. I wonder what they do when the students want to make a Jacobs ladder.
or
a classic tesla coil, too make your hair stand on end!

Dwight

In a message dated 11/11/2011 9:29:22 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
High  schools these days (and colleges) mostly use the PC equivalent of
an  oscilloscope. Special card for a standard mobo slot. Gives all the
usual  I/O. Interfaces with spreadsheets and graphing apps. You might
find a  physics teacher somewhere who'd use it to demonstrate analog
systems, or  in place of that special (expensive) card.

Curious ... what the make  and model? Is it totally functional? How much
would you want for it? I  could pick up.

Dan Heim