[AZ-Observing] Re: Orion fix

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:37:16 EST

Personally I wouldn't call it a fix as much as an "Upgrade." In my opinion  a
fix would be free. Considering you're no the only person I've mention this
feature as a problem, I'm surprised Orion Just doesn't make this feature go
away  or a least put the option in to turn it off, For free.

My 2.61717 Kazakhstani Tenge worth.

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro  Astronomy Club
Phoenix,  Arizona
SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
www.saguaroastro.org

In a message dated 11/11/2004 11:47:20 US Mountain Standard Time,
a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx writes:

Thank you for  your email to Orion.

We currently offer an optional upgrade for the  auto shut-off feature on the
Intelliscope Object Locator.  It's not a  bug fix or upgrade patch.  Instead,
it is a change that can be made to  increase the auto shut-off time.  The
shut-off won't be disabled, but  it will be increased to 50 minutes instead
of 15.

Because the EPROM  is built into the hand controller, we will need to service
the unit to  implement the longer shut-off.  The optional change costs $30 +
$6.95  S&H.  The turnaround time takes approximately 2-3  weeks.