[AZ-Observing] Orion fix

  • From: Andrew Goodwin <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:21:48 -0500

  I just thought that I would pass this information along.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your email to Orion.

We currently offer an optional upgrade for the auto shut-off feature on the
Intelliscope Object Locator.  It's not a bug fix or upgrade patch.  Instead,
it is a change that can be made to increase the auto shut-off time.  The
shut-off won't be disabled, but it will be increased to 50 minutes instead
of 15.

Because the EPROM is built into the hand controller, we will need to service
the unit to implement the longer shut-off.  The optional change costs $30 +
$6.95 S&H.  The turnaround time takes approximately 2-3 weeks.

If you would like to change to the longer shut-off feature you may send the
hand controller to:

Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
89 Hangar Wy.
Watsonville, CA 95076
ATTN: Technical Services

We are glad to hear the Intelliscope is working out for you and your
colleagues.  It's certainly nice to take full advantage of the scopes in a
dark sky location.

Thanks again,

Orion Technical Support

Andrew Goodwin