[AZ-Observing] Re: Orion ED 80 f/7.5

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 18:05:43 -0700

Howdy Ken....
I use an 8" Celestron HD for imaging (compare to your 10"), and an SBig
ST8300m.
In that configuration, I use a Meade 80mm (f7.5) for guiding, using a
Starlight Express Lodestar X2 guide camera.
The match up (FOV) is very comparable (big chip size difference)... and the
guiding is excellent.
See my setup on my main astronomy page:     http://www.az-dahut.net
Hope that helps.....

David M. Douglass