[AZ-Observing] Re: Orion

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:02:31 -0700

Albert,
I'm glad you reminded me. I've been wanting to observe Orion this winter
but the weather has been bad, the moon has been up, and sometimes I have
not been up here at the observatory. I'm not sure what is going on with
the CSC because it shows about 20% cloud cover all of this morning and
tonight, but the sky has been completely clear all this morning.

I admire you guys getting out in the cold to do some observing. I really
have an aversion to it now, now that I am older I assume. I can do
spectroscopy because all the work I have to do to get a spectrum warms
me up somewhat so the cold is not noticeable at all. When this happens
my hands get very cold but it doesn't bother me.

Just rambling.
Stan