[AZ-Observing] Oregon Star Party report and where to next

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:28:22 -0400

Howdy all;

I am in Reno at an RV site with a great steak restaurant next door.  I am
planning to head south next week and will be at Fred's Meadow for Sept.
new moon.  Hope to see you there.

The Oregon Star Party was great.  We got good weather for three straight
nights after some lightening started fires provided far too much smoke.
There were over 400 folks and many old friends from the NW.

I had a grand time using the binoculars along the Milky Way and observing
with other people's telescopes.  Remember I sold off the TV 102 and CGEM
before leaving.  After catching up on some bills, I will start saving
money for a new scope.  I have my eye on the XX12i from Orion.  I am ready
to go back to some aperture.

Looking forward to being back in Arizona;
Steve Coe