[AZ-Observing] Re: Optical Mouse Too Bright

  • From: "Gene A. Lucas" <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"\"Lucas, Gene\" work" <gene.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:48:25 -0700

While on the subject, to "paint" incandescent bulbs "red" (remember
those, before LEDs?), regular paint (or even fingernail polish) in time
will burn, discolor, and flake off, due to the high bulb temperature.
What is needed is a translucent, RUBY RED lacquer/paint made for high
temperature.  The arts & crafts stores carry a product (in many colors)
intended to paint glassware to make "stained glass" effects.  This comes
in small, wide mouth jars.  The RUBY RED color is ideal -- it is really
RED and transparent, not opaque.  Just attach a wire and dip your
flashlight bulbs and apply two coats.  Doesn't darken, burn, or flake.
A small jar will last a LONG time.
Gene Lucas
(17250)