[AZ-Observing] Optical Mouse Too Bright

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 16:08:45 -0600

I can't part with my optical mouse but it is the kind that shines bright red
out of the sides like a UFO lander. I noticed the dazzle from 60 ft away at
5-Mile Isle last week. It's the Logitech M-BJ58. I easily modified it in
just a couple minutes. I removed one screw from the bottom and lifted off
the top. The offender is a large clear plastic cube in the center of the
PWB. I laid a 1" piece of 3/4" black electrical tape over the top so it
covered both sides of the cube. Ready for testing!

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Public Events
Phoenix AZ