[AZ-Observing] Omega Centauri

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, az-astroimaging@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 12:43:10 -0700

I bought some time on Itelescopes.net and set up a run on Omega Centauri from
Australia. When I imaged this it was at 70 degrees altitude. I set up a 90
minute LRGB run, all 60 second subs but it got cloudy and the domes closed. I
was able to get 12 images on it. I may try a different telescope because this
is almost a little too deep. It is an RCS 12.5 inch with a focal length of
2331mm at f 7.4. The camera is an SBIG ST8 XME. This is luminance only so I
will be going back for more. Pretty impressive FOV.
Albert

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/14533180051/in/photostream/