[AZ-Observing] Re: Ok, let's get together and TALK about astronomy

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:42:17 -0700

>Howdy folks;
>
>Well, it certainly seems that trying to USE a telescope this weekend is
>not going to work.  The storm system that is coming in for Saturday
>night is larger than the one that rained and hailed on us at Sentinel 4
>hours ago;-(
>
>So, how about a house party?
>
>Show up at my place around 7PM Saturday and we will order pizza and talk
>about observing a little, OK a lot.
>
>Give me some feedback on who is interested, so I can have an idea of who
>and how many will show up.
>
>See ya;
>Steve Coe
>
>Steve Coe's House
>1011 E. Rowlands Lane      Ph. 602-789-7786
>
>From the corner of 7th Street and Thunderbird Road, go north on 7th
>Street.  Drive through the light at Hearn St. and the next right that is
>available is Rowlands Lane.  Turn Right (east) and our house is the
>eighth house on the right hand side of the street, just after the stop
>sign at 10th Street.  If you make a turn on Rowlands, you went too far.
>
>Bring a little money to put in the hat for pizza.  I will have water,
>soda, ice and munchies.

I'm glad to see everyone returned safe. There was some significant
lightning over on the west side this afternoon and early evening. You
folks deserve some kind of award. Maybe an astronomer's umbrella or
something. :-)

Actually I know if one does not try, one will miss some good
opportunities, however, sometimes one gets wet.

I'll try to make it over tomorrow. If it's clear, I'll be out in my
observatory, however.

Jeff
--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT

  Small minds speak about people * Average minds speak of events
************   Great minds speak of ideas!    ****************