[AZ-Observing] Occultation by 129 Antigone

  • From: RGP14159@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 07:50:35 EDT

Barring any last minute astrometry indicating that the path of the occulation
has shifted east, or bad weather, there are at least 6 of us from the Phoenix
area who plan to try for the occultation of SAO 165635 in Aquarius by the
113-km asteroid (129) Antigone this Saturday night (Sept 8), even though the
path is predicted to pass east of Arizona.  We have three different areas
covered: Mesa area, Coolidge, and east of the Phoenix metro area.  I am
interested to know if anyone from southern Arizona is going to try for this
occultation? The couple of us traveling east would prefer not to duplicate
the efforts by others.  I would very much appreciate hearing from you,
directly if you prefer, about your plans to observe this event!  It would be
great to have a coordinated observing plan, so that if the path does shift
our way, we have the broadest coverage possible.

Thanks,
Randy Peterson
East Valley Astronomy Club
rgp14159@xxxxxxx