[AZ-Observing] Re: Occultation attempted at Badger Springs Road

  • From: Gene A Lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:08:48 -0700

[...But not positive enough to avoid >bad-mouthing< this observing spot,
and also mentioning the other baaad world news.]

 >Of course< it is always good practice to seek higher ground if
possible...
Usually the seeing will again steady out for a period, after the
draining cold air "fills up" the lower basin in these circumstances...
You can also go to the west up on the ridge along I-17 at Badger Springs
Rd. if you don't wanna try to ford the stream bed and drive up the hill.
I believe there is at least one road that quickly crosses the streambed
and then goes directly up the hill to the east....

Check it out sometime and let us know....
Gene
(17250)
(Replying privately to avoid further flaming....)

stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote