[AZ-Observing] Re: Occultation attempted at Badger Springs Road

  • From: stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:29:33 -0700 (MST)

> Close-in site for N Phx?  Hmmm, sounds like it might be worth checking out
> some night, Jack.

I would be in interested in your assessment of the sky quality because I
would not think it would be a good observing spot. Yes, it is further away
from the Phx light, but the site is set down in hills, not on top a hill
or wide flat terrain. There should be more turbulance as cold air drains
down into Badger Wash and the Agua Fria. I also used to observe in a wide
open area 6 miles up from Badger Springs road off Bloody Basin road. Like
clockwork, around 10pm the skies would become turbulent. So, I would be
interested in the expert opionion of your's and Jack's as to the
astronomical sky observing quality of the site.

Off to a new year. I think this one will be better than the last, not
counting the housing crisis and the deteriorating economy, and I
definitely have a positive attitude.
Stan