[AZ-Observing] Re: Occultation attempted at Badger Springs Road

  • From: "Dawn Schur" <dschur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:03:31 -0700

Chris tried this area many years ago.  It was just as bad as BCC.  The air
currents are very strong with the dumping from both the Mazatzals, New
Rivers, and the Bradshaws.  Would get hot air from the desert one minute and
cool air from the mountains.  It is worse than Payson and that is not good
either.  The light pollution when we moved from BCC was bad and now with
Carefree Hwy and Anthem has gotten even worse to the south especially.  The
Badger Springs road is just a little area almost right next to the road up
the road to Cordes is Bloody Basin about 5 miles or so more.  It is flatter
and has better horizons but would still get the dumping of the air and is a
popular place for all those ATV riders and the road gets rough think Dugas
for all those old timers....