[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing the weekend of Jan 2-5, 2003

  • From: "Kerry Weatherford" <ancient_light@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:54:31 -0800

Woops, sorry Thad.  The post read Gap, not Mimima.  I'm still not awake I
guess.  I have yet to see the Encke Gap, even in my 14.5" Starmaster, however
the 8" is the smallest aperture I've heard so far.  I had always heard 10" was
the smallest required aperture to glimpse it, and of course seeing has to be
about perfect.

-Kerry