[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing sites in Arizona

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 06:08:34 -0700

Shaun;

I don't frequent the Vekol Road site, but I can tell you about Sentinel.  The 2
miles of dirt road that leads to the site is generally smooth going and your
Sentra will have no problems.  There are 2 or 3 places where you will need to
slow down to 5 mph and go slow through a wash that dips pretty significantly.
When we found the site all those years ago part of the appeal was the fact that
the family sedan could make it to the site so easily.  I have marked the path
off the road to the site by painting some white rocks, again you will need to
take it easy to get down off the road, just go slow.

It is just a big flat spot in the desert, so bring everything you will need:
water, blankets, observing list, like that.

We will probably have a big group there for the Leonid meteors on Nov. 16 and
17.

See ya;
Steve Coe

stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx