[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing report from Portal, AZ

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:09:43 -0700

Thanks. It looks like it is a good area. I'll have to try it some time.

BTW, I passed through Portal about 3 weeks ago on the way to Arkansas. I
slept overnight in the mountains in my van. On the way into the
Chiricahuas, for the first time I saw a sign warning people to be
careful because of the illegal activity in the Chiricahuas. The next
morning at Rodeo I mentioned this to the waitress and she said no one
camps in the mountains anymore because it is taken over by the illegal
drug activities and illegal immigrants.
Stan