[AZ-Observing] Observing report from Portal, AZ

  • From: Alan Strauss <alan7170@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:43:46 +0000 (UTC)

I just returned from two nights under the magnitude 7+ skies of Portal, AZ and
made some wonderful visual observations...including an observation of the
extragalactic globular cluster G1 in the Andromeda Galaxy. The skies were
beautifully transparent and clear and comet Garradd showed a long tail with a
few streamers. I observed about a half dozen planetary nebula within Aquarius,
as well as many other objects
I posted a brief report and some sketches on my blog at:
http://lostpleiadobservatory.blogspot.com/2011/10/near-and-far.html

Best,
Alan