[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing on Public Land may get Costly

  • From: "Rotramel, Rick (AZ77)" <rick.rotramel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:36:05 -0700

All,

Here's an UPDATE on this bill. The AZ Republic had an article about it
yesterday in the AZ Living section:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/1202fees02.h
tml

It is about the bill, HR 3283.

The web version left out who to contact:

AZ Members of the House Resources Committee,

Jeff Flake, J.D. Hayworth & Rick Renzi. (Search the net for contact
numbers.)

The House is expected to consider the bill Monday.

Rick R.
SAC

I'm up for a discussion regarding the bill in question and it's affects
on us here in AZ,

Just to clarify at this point: are we talking about the same scheme that has
been in existence in the Sedona area for the last few years? To get access
to public land in the area, you have to buy a $20 annual permit (or $5 per
use).