[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing on Public Land may get Costly

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:31:58 EST

Being off topic I don't think so. Ariz could end  up like Michigan you want
to use the public parks to observe it'll cost you  $5.00 a night you want a
sticker on your vehicle so you don't have to bother  with it That could cost
you
anywhere from $50.00 to $100.00 a year. Now they  being the "Gov't and knowing
Republicans all my life and how they operate if you  want to use the National
forest and other public lands, you could end up paying  a whole lot more.
Face it people we are losing our rights and freedoms and that  includes going
out
to Dark Skies to use your telescope. I don't believe this is  off topic for
this forum. Now if you don't like the way this topic is going to  speak up now
so the rest of us can stick our heads back in the sand! This  landslide
election favoring the Republicans is a signal to the power brokers  that
Americans
in general want to be safe and don't care about freedoms. This  Republic is
degenerating into an Empire! For all practical intents we are an  empire. We
just
lack an absolute Ruler. Now I'm going to stick my head back in  the sand and
be a good little citizen.

     Clear Skies
     Dwight L Bogan

In a message dated 11/23/2004 11:55:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
AJ,
I'm not sure posting search results here would be appropriate in
Az-Observing. I gave my opinion. You gave yours. Since you disagree with
my opinion, why don't you go into more detail on what you found out so
we all can learn. For example, your statement that our congress is not
too pleased with the intent of the bill doesn't say much. All of
Congress, or just all Republicans, or just all Democrats, and what
Republicans, Democrats, all the bill, just parts of it, etc.? Further,
talk is cheap. It's their final vote that counts, which hasn't taken
place yet on extending the Demo program. I certainly am not one who
thinks I know everything (I do sometimes misinterpret what I have read),
and am always willing to learn. So I encourage you to go into more
detail, so long as others on the list don't feel they are "Off Topic",
which I think my post would have been, or come close to it, if I had
gone into much more detail than I did.