[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing on Public Land may get Costly

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:41:27 -0700

The link given by Jeff has some interesting wording and refers to HR3283.
Doing a web search on this bill indicates that our congress is not to
pleasedwith the intent - thank goodness.  There were a lot of links for this
search and I'm speaking from only one of them that I persued(?).  Your
searchresults may vary and I hope they could be posted here for our review.

Thanks,
aj

Stanley A. Gorodenski wrote:
This is alarming since I live in the Prescott area. Jeff Hopkins wrote: If
you enjoy heading out to dark sky country for and evening or two of
observingyou may want to check on what some in the government are up to.
Check http://www.aznofee.org[1] If some officials have their way ALL
non-private land may end up costing you $5 or more per day or night for use.
Prescott National Forest has been rumored to even take that to extreme and
have ticketed people stopping to take pictures for the forest when they
hadn't paid a fee and received a pass. Fines can be up to $5,000 and/or 6
months in jail. While some may think this is no problem, it turns out the
cost of the program exceeds the income so in addition to costing you more
directly, it will also cost more via taxes. If you care, get involved! Jeff
-- See message header for info on list archives or unsubscribing, and please

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.aznofee.org