[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing on Public Land may get Costly

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:09:53 -0800

This is alarming since I live in the Prescott area. Are they ticketing
for taking pictures even when on the right of way of the road? My guess
is that the Demo program will be renewed under Bush because my guess is
Republicans want to privatize this aspect of the national forests.
Privatization will ultimately lead to this kind of fee system. Seeing
how Republicans operate in congress I doubt there will be much we can do
as individuals to prevent congress from continuing the Demo program
which is supposed to expire this year.  Hate to be so pessimistic. Plus,
it seems so unthinkable that they could charge for observing at 5 Mile
Meadow, for example. Do you think it could happen?

As an aside, the sky is blue and partly cloudy but to the east and south
there are ground level clouds moving in, which amounts to fog, I
believe. I have never seen this before so late in the day and with blue
sky showing. Wierd weather.
Stan