[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing in Arizona

  • From: "RAY M VORBECK" <rvorbeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 06:41:27 -0700

Last time I looked, you didn't have an international border in Illinois!
There are some nuances about living in Arizona besides our lack of light
pollution!

I would be very concerned if we didn't have any law enforcement out there
patrolling and pulling suspicious people (read astronomers driving on
country roads in the middle of the night when most normal people are asleep)
over!

With over 3 million illegals (read undocumented workers for the politically
correct) flooding over our southern border every year, HALF of which are
coming through Arizona, a little law enforcement is important. Thirty
thousand of these are OTM
"Other Than Mexican". Some of these could be Islamic terrorists. Most of
these Illegals come across with heavily armed Coyotes. A great percentage of
the illegal drugs sold in this country comes across this same border.

You shouldn't be condemning these brave officers as Gestapo you should be
praising them.

Ray