[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing in Arizona

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:40:55 -0700 (MST)

     Since the people/drugs are heading to Tucson/Phoenix/Yuma, it would
seem to me as though any prospective sites for unmolested observing
are going to have to be north of that wedge, at least for places that
accomodate substantial numbers of people, since folks are wedded
to their vehicles for observing.  Viewing on STL doesn't seem to solve
anything, since these are presumably typically just pieces of desert,
and do the drug/people smugglers care that one place is while another isn't?
Seems like you'll want to be scouting places outward from Globe, north
of I-10 and west of PHX toward the Bradshaws and Prescott (and Herb York
has made an offer), and other places basically north of PHX.

\Brian