[AZ-Observing] Observing at Vekol Last Night

  • From: Rick Scott <rmscott@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:22:38 -0700

Last night I went to Vekol and was later joined by Mike Mello, Frank
Kraljic and Tom Mozden. With impetus from Frank we observed some objects
that I had not seen before or actually thought about trying.

I've observed Triton on a few previous occasions, but last night after
Triton, I tried for some moons of Uranus and was successful at observing
Titania, Oberon, Umbriel and Ariel.

After looking at some local globular cluster, we tried some in the
Andromeda Galaxy (M31) and I was successful at observing G1 and G73.
With a lot of effort I think I may have also spotted G2, but it was
extremely difficult and not always there.

The seeing was not very good, maybe a 5 out of 10 and I've seen better
transparency. I was able to see UGC330, a 14.7 mag. galaxy, but it
almost not there. The temperature was very pleasant and actually got
cool enough for a light jacket after about 2am. So, for those of you
going out tonight, bring a jacket with you.

Rick Scott
http://members.home.net/rmscott