[AZ-Observing] Observing at Oregon Star Party

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:45:32 -0400

Howdy all;

The Oregon Star Party actually starts on Wednesday of next week but there
are already 20 people up here and enjoying some good observing.  The smoke
from a forest fire was blocking off some stars near the horizon but as
long as you stayed high up it was quite good, I would rate the night at 6
out of 10.

Comet Garradd is easy in my 10X50 binoculars with M 71 nearby in Sagitta.
I plan on another image tonight with the 200mm lens.  It is medium green
in color and has a half degree tail in a friend's 20 inch at 100X.

I am looking forward to some fun in September at Fred's Meadow.

See ya;
Steve Coe