[AZ-Observing] Observing at Eagle Eye

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:59:56 -0700

Howdy folks;
Lynn Blackburn and I are going to be at the site at Eagle Eye for Thursday and
possibly Friday night, if anyone has a crazy attack and wants to join in, we
would love to have more observers.

Directions to "Eagle Eye" site

Get on the I-10 freeway going west, as if going to Los Angeles.
Take Salome Rd. (exit 81) right and stay on Salome Rd. north for
10 miles from the freeway.  Take a right (north) at Eagle Eye Road, the sign
says "Aquila 27 miles".  Go 8.3 miles to a sign that says "Harquahala Mt. Road"
and turn left (west).  Go 1/10 of a mile on the dirt road and take the right
fork.  The site is right there, a campfire pit and lots of room for trucks and
scopes.

Clear Skies to us all;
Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org