[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing Weather this Weekend

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 18:31:58 -0800

Stan,
I'm wondering if it could be the eyepiece. I'll do some testing tonight.
I was told by one of the sales reps that with a 50mm eyepiece I would
see an image of the diagonal and that how high up one can go on the mm
of the eyepiece depends on the age of the observer. The eyepiece that
comes with it is a 26mm plossel. This afternoon I noticed I could
distinctly see a dark concentration at the center of the field which I
could not make disappear no matter how far away I moved my eye. I tried
my 26 mm orthogonal and was able to find an in between distance where
the dark concentration disappeared. I went to my 32 mm erfle and could
make it disappear by hugging the eyepiece with my eye. I tried my 55mm
plossel and it gave a great image with no dark concentration over a wide
range of distance from the eyepiece.
Stan