[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing Sites Map

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 11:08:16 -0700

Hi Howard-

I like it!  What I would like is a state-wide guide for those of us who "get
around" so to speak.  So a single source like this from the Chiricahuas in the
SE to Lippan Point and Cape Royal at the Canyon would be great!  Most all clubs
get occasonal requests from visitors that are traveling through the area
looking for prime spots.  What is the feeling of adding more and opening up the
resource to the other clubs or traveling astronomers?  Of course, some sites
like the new TAAA Chiricahua Astronomy Complex is behind a gate and entry needs
to be coordinated, but I think a statewide resource would be invaluable to all.
In fact a lot of sites are like that - the picnic area on Kitt Peak is
reservable for a nominal fee and is a fantastic site with flush toilets and
paved road to the 6500 elevation site.  What do you think?

-Dean

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=102983467099648817705.000485cdc1b6ea3c3d579