[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing Sites Map

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 02:23:36 -0400

Howard;

I have notes to add to your compilation and I would appreciate it if you
would add these and then put the list back up because they are important.

1.   What was called the "Towers" site has been called the "Antennas" for
many years and most users know of it by that name.

2.  The "Cherry Road #1" site is not usable.  The rancher who leases that
land has asked us not to return to the site on the other side of the gate
and we have honored his request.  It would demand a four wheel drive
vehicle to get over the birm, anyway.  So, let's either stop mentioning
this site and just call the other one "Cherry Road"....or add some text
that says we do not use this location.

I purchased a Garmen today in the Cabela's in Grand Junction, Colorado.
As I get beter at using it I may try to upload these locations to my
device.  I need to get a little better at using it before adding more
complexity.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe