[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing Sites Map

  • From: Howard Anderson <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-obs <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:01:49 -0700

Hi Dean,

I have no problem with adding additional sites.

However, I will need a precise GPS location AND a precise
text description for any site you want me to add.

Regarding "opening up the resource" I'm not sure what you mean.

If you mean posting the link on various web sites, I personally do not
have a problem
but there were a few people out there circa 2002 that got nervous when
Tom Polakis posted a few sites publically, i.e., where anyone on the
internet could easily find them.  Those people were afraid, if I recall
correctly, that bad guys would drive out to the sites and steal their
telescopes
or something like that.

So that is why I published the link only on the EVAC, SAC, and AZ-Observing
lists.

I don't want anything done to cause me to have to take down the map.

Thanks,

Howard
http://www.astroshow.com
http://www.azcendant.com