[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing Report from Griffin Ranch May 30, 2011]

  • From: Howard Anderson <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZOBS <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 08:36:17 -0700

Hi Paul,

Some time ago I created a semi-private map site for EVAC members
of all Arizona Observing sites I could locate.  Go here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=202874245670060433960.000485cdc1b6ea3c3d579&ll=33.550551,-111.522217&spn=4.943375,11.634521&t=h&z=7

and look for the two Forest Road 409 sites.  These sites are far
enough in so that they don't attract that many fishermen.  Have never
had "company" at these sites...  Most campers prefer to stay in the
heavily wooded areas instead of out in big grassy meadows...  :-)
I mean, who wants to haul dead-fall firewood 1/4 mile out into
a meadow?  :-)

--

Thanks,

Howard, in Tempe AZ