[AZ-Observing] Re: Observing Notes from Friday Night

  • From: BillFerris@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:35:26 EDT

Tom,
Thanks for answering my question. As soon as I'm able to write up some notes,
I'll upload a new page for this object to my website and share the URL with
the group. Were you at "5 Mile Meadow," this weekend? How was it?

Regards,

Bill

Tom Polakis wrote:

Bill,

That's Pickering's Wedge, Pickering's Triangle, Pickering's Triangular
Wisp, take your pick.  We discussed this on Amastro in May of 2001.  Here
are a couple good messages in the archive, which we make publicly available:

At the end of that URL, replace 4603 with the nubmers 4599, and 4604
through 4610 for more relevant messages.

Brian Skiff points out that it was not discovered by Pickering, rather, it
was found by Williamina Fleming, but attributed to her boss.