[AZ-Observing] Observing Conditions

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 11:26:34 -0700

To anyone thinking of going out, my advice is to go! I was out last
night and will be out again tonight with the 18" for a little fuzzy
hunting.  Seeing was a little fuzzy, transparency could be better (my
standards are high), but warm summer dark nights are not to be wasted.
That little thin crescent moon isn't much of a problem and just adds a
little to the ambiance of the night. Less than 18% illuminated and sets
just after 2300 for tonight.  Mars and Saggitarius well up around
midnight and looking great.

Get out and enjoy!

Andrew

--