[AZ-Observing] Re: Notes from a night at NOFS

  • From: BillFerris@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:39:56 -0500

Thomas,

Rick Tejera provided Jim Fly's website URL. I'll just add that I bought the
plans & hardware ($44). I don't have a home workshop, so buying the hardware
saved the time and money it would have taken to track down those materials. If
you're well stocked in wood screws, etc., the hardware may not be of interest
to you.

I also added 6-inches to the height of the chair. This was for two reasons; to
make sure I wouldn't come up an inch short when my Obsession is pointed at the
zenith and to give me more back support when observing up high. And at the
extended length, the chair still fits comfortably in back of my Isuzu Rodeo
with the rear benches folded.

If you've got a well stocked home workshop and are handy at woodworking
projects, you could probably reverse engineer the design as has been suggested.
But for the "ruin it yourselfer" (that would be me), the plans and hardware are
a great value.

Regards,

Bill in Flagstaff