[AZ-Observing] Re: Notes from a night at NOFS

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:36:08 -0700

I'm glad to hear you got some good weather up north. It was again a
great night in Phoenix last night. I got some very good photometric
data. Most of this week has been good to excellent.

Phoenix seems to create a clear bubble many nights. There are clouds
all around and around sunset the sky clears over Phoenix. It may be
the heat from Phoenix affecting the clouds. I've watched clouds drift
toward Phoenix only to evaporate as the got closer. While the Phoenix
skies are pretty bright, the upside seems to be the Phoenix area
tends to clear the skies.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT

  Small minds speak about people * Average minds speak of events
************   Great minds speak of ideas!    ****************