[AZ-Observing] No Aurora from Four Peaks

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 0:07:52 -0500

We were just southwest of Four Peaks from 8:20 to 9:10, and did not
convincingly see a ruddy glow.  I will have to admit that we did see a couple
Geminids.  The two photos taken with the 20mm lens (ISO 800, f/2.2, 20 sec.) on
the car-roof tripod are here:

http://members.cox.net/tpolakis/astro/noaurora1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/tpolakis/astro/noaurora2.jpg

Pointer stars in the Big Dipper in the lower left corner of "noaurora1".  I
particularly like the Beehive rising over Four Peaks in "noaurora2".

Tom