[AZ-Observing] Re: Next Friday Observing Mar 15

  • From: jack.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:58:23 -0700

I'll be going to Flatiron on Friday night. Along with the visitors, I
believe AJ Crayon and Steve Coe will be going along with possibly Derek
Poertner and Lynn Blackburn. Could possibly make it a two-nighter because of
the crescent moon/comet config. on Saturday. Do it while you can, March has
been great! Make hay while the sun shines they say, or whatever the
nighttime equivalent of that is.

Jack Jones

> My wife and I were thinking of Flatiron on Saturday night to see the
> Comet.
> The western sky is quite good from there and the moon is only about 7%
> illuminated that night. Its difficult to get her out to observe the faint
> fuzzies. She just doesn't see what the excitement is. But, based on the
> comet view I got last week at Sentinel, I think she will be impressed.
>
> Frank Honer
> >
> > We have more visitors from back East. Must be tired of waiting for the
> snow
> > to melt. Is anyone going observing and where next Fri night, the 15th?

messages.  Thanks.