[AZ-Observing] Re: Nexstar - Alternative?

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 13:08:16 -0700

Thank you everyone who responded. My friend is not a complete novice.
About 40 years ago he ground his own 8" mirror. He just has not done
anything in astronomy for 30 years or so. Dean at Starizona suggested
the Advanced VX 8 Schmidt Cassegrain. I looked it over and, in my
opinion, it is is superior to the Nexstar 8SE or the Evolution. He went
with that.
Stan