[AZ-Observing] Re: Nexstar - Alternative?

  • From: Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:57:32 -0700

A push-to such as the Orion Intelliscope might be a good middle of the road
option. Manual for when you want it with some guidance for when you need it
and a lot lighter than a goto. Kind of wish I had one of them.  Without the
goto motor you can price in more aperture.
As for a Nexstar alternative, the Celestron Evolution series, or the
Celestron CPC, or an SCT from Meade would be similar.

Howard

On Saturday, February 28, 2015, Redacted sender DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','DBogan3220@xxxxxxx');> for DMARC <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx