[AZ-Observing] Re: New Comet C/2013 R1 (Lovejoy)

  • From: <kevin.kozel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:52:21 -0400

This new comet must have known I was working on my Solar System Award and it
wants me to earn it very quickly.  How nice.  I've seen numerous naked-eye
comets in the last 40 years and having these this year is really cool.  Mike
Wiles told me astrophotography was a money pit and I think I'm slipping into
it.  I'll be sharpening my skills with the new comets this fall.  I will share
the best of the shots with the Club in future meeting.
Kevin kozel
---- stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Tom et al;

On that date the Moon will be First Quarter, so it will be out of the
sky.  That could make a great shot.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe