[AZ-Observing] New Cherry II site

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:46:28 -0700

Howdy all;

Well, we had a great time at a new location last night.  I counted a dozen
vehicles including Brent Archinal drove down from Flagstaff to warm up for
the evening.  We had some pretty clear skies and a great chat session, all
in all a fun night.

The new observing site is down the same dirt road we have always taken, just
keep going for a few hundred yards further and the site is on the LEFT side
of the road.  An obvious opening in the birm that leads to an area large
enough for 25 vehicles or so.

I will get a new map and directions to our webmeister and hope that we will
enjoy this site as much as the last.  As I said, they are very close to each
other.   Obviously, someone is very intent on keeping people out of the site
with the gate, it is possible that the rancher that leases that land has had
trouble with other people at that site.

We decided to call this "Cherry II" so that we can differentiate it from the
first site with the big gate.

I may very well go back up to this site next weekend.  We will see what the
weather will allow us to do.

Clear Skies to all;

Steve Coe