[AZ-Observing] Re: Need advice

  • From: "Stars" <stars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:24:12 -0700

Stan and Matt, Thanks for the advice.

Stan, you now have me looking at the Meade LDX75 SN10.  It has a shorter
tube, with a F4 f-stop, for about the same price.  According to the
advertisements, the LDX75 is an upgrade of the LXD-55 stand.  I already have
a Meade ETX-125AT and am familiar with the Autostar and have the Autostar
software and a LPI for my laptop.  My question is Schmidt-Newtonian
1016mm;F/4 (Meade LDX75-SN10), or the Newtonian 1200mm f4.7 (Celestron
C10-NGT) better for deep-sky.

Thanks again
Thomas Hilton

From: "Stars" <stars@xxxxxxxxxxx>