[AZ-Observing] Re: Need a pointer please - thank you

  • From: Bob Christ <bchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:21:45 -0700

Wayne, the design is not mine.  I found a fair number of designs on
the Web and the link to the following one made the most sense to me:

http://www.backyard-astro.com/equipment/accessories/dewheater/dewheater.html#Anchor-49575

Other designs provide high frequency pulse widths that can play havoc
with a scope's computer if the dew controller and scope are run off of
the same battery (my intent).  I have communicated with the designer
of the circuit I'm using and he runs his LX90 & controller from a
common battery without experiencing problems.

His design provides enough oooomph to heat both the objective and
eyepiece - just wire the output to two RCA jacks (typically used on
dew heater strips) in parallel.

Bob