[AZ-Observing] Re: Need a pointer please

  • From: "Spencer, Darrell" <DSpencer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:15:55 -0800

1.5uF tantalum is a standard value.  They're all over the place - including
eBay.  Lacking a local source, and if you're only trying the circuit out before
committing, two 3.3uF caps in series would get you close.  Or you could source
a trim cap and tune your circuit.   For a dew heater, such precision is not
needed.

Allied, Newark or Sprague direct are good sources.

Good luck,

Darrell Spencer