[AZ-Observing] Need To Test An !8" Mirror

  • From: "Jim" <jwaters125@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Az-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:14:03 -0700

I have a 18" 2" thick f/4.5 mirror that was refigured 2 years ago and would
like to have it Foucault tested to determine what I have.  Its my understanding
that this can also be done after the mirror has been coated.  It originally had
a turned edge, was over corrected in the center and had 2 high zones.  I would
like to know how the figure is now and how smooth the surface is.

I would like to test it somewhere locally in AZ if at all possible to minimize
my scope down time.  I would be willing to drive it to its destination.  Who
would be able to do this?  Thx.

Jim Waters
Phoenix, AZ
jwaters125@xxxxxxx